Our commitment to safe workspaces
(Updated 3/26/20) After careful consideration and much debate, Bellagios Pizza continues to keep our doors open during these strange times. Food is obviously a necessary part of life and we feel as if being an outlet to provide food to the public is a positive thing for our communities. The entire Bellagios Pizza team is deeply committed to providing a safe dining experience for all our customers and safe workspace for all our team members. We have an excellent record in safely serving customers over the last 24 years as a result of this commitment. The rise of covid-19 presents a unique set of circumstances that causes our team to modify our processes. Listed below is our plan to keep this space safe:
- Implementing social distancing policies - We are committed to implementing and monitoring social distancing policies in accordance with Oregon Health Authority standards. As updates are issued by OHA, we will integrate any policy updates and changes as rapidly as possible.
- Minimizing in-person interactions - In addition to our contactless payment methods on our App and Online Ordering platforms, we are taking steps to minimize in-person payment interactions. When placing an order via phone call, we are asking customers if they are able to pay for orders before entering the store when picking up.
- Commitment to thorough hand washing - Historically, we have heavily emphasized hand washing as it is proven to be extremely effective in ensuring food is handled as safely as possible. Our team is continually focused on thorough hand washing before ANY food contact.
- Increased awareness of self-reporting procedures - If team members are ill, they are required to communicate with team leaders before arriving for a scheduled shift. If team members or family members are in any way are feeling ill or are exposed to covid-19, they are required to disclose this to team leaders so appropriate steps can be taken to eliminate interactions and take necessary quarantine steps.
- Increased awareness of self-reporting procedures - We will update our policies and procedures in accordance with OHA and local health departments. As officials update guidelines and best practices, we will implement any changes aimed at improving public health.